August 31, 2011

Spaghetti and Meatballs

I don't often order spaghetti and meatballs when I'm out (my mother's would undeniably make my BEST list) but sometimes all you crave is a soft, moist blend of breading, garlic, fresh herbs, and - of course - meat. A hearty marinara that clings just enough to the spaghetti, with tiny bursts of tomato (gotta love a sauce with some body to it) completed our dish.

I say "our," because at Carmine's, no one dish is for one person. We're talking traditional family style cooking and serving - three of us couldn't make it through an appetizer and a single entree. It was a little embarrassing. My advice: go big and go hungry! Or go small and prepared for lots of leftovers (which were just as delicious the next day).

Where to enjoy this yourself:

Carmine's
425 7th Street NW
at the Penn Quarter
Washington D.C.
http://www.carminesnyc.com/

Many of you may know of the famous Carmine's in New York City - same get up! They've branched out to DC, Atlantic City, and the Bahamas. I can vouch for the Theater District (NYC) and DC locations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog