May 16, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes

I came across this coffee shop on a local's recommendation. I was actually cruising around Old Town Alexandria (Virginia) in search of another breakfast spot, which woefully turned out to be closed (even though it was 9 am. On a Saturday. And their hours said otherwise). It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as a man sweeping his stoop nearby was happy to recommend this place just down the street!

Now, I LOVE pancakes. Give me batter, blueberries, and real maple syrup, and I will be one happy girl. But I'm always a little cautious order them out because (well for one, most places don't offer real maple syrup, but also) they're often just too sweet for me. I like my breakfasts more "hearty" than "sugary," but a lot of restaurants like to sweeten up their pancakes, muffins, etc. However, these cakes were GREAT - they had a real home-made taste to them. I could have taken a few more blueberries cooked in, but the fresh berries that came on the side more than made up for anything missing inside. This was definitely a meal I'd come back for - and freshly squeezed orange juice, too!

Where you can enjoy these yourself:

Extra Perks Coffee Shop
822 North Fairfax
Alexandria, Virginia
http://www.extraperkscoffeeshopandcafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog