September 17, 2010

Deviation: Hot Day, Cold Soup!

Normally I feature restaurant dishes, but these soups were just so pretty, I can't resist posting them here. The best part is, the recipe is at the end of this post! They were simple to make - but my family had a hard time guessing what color was made from what - even after tasting them. Since there were four of us, and each recipe makes about four servings, I made all four recipes and figured if I filled each bowl half way, somehow that would render the right amount of food per person...which was almost right. We each got through about 3 of our 4 bowls, haha.

So here's the magic break down!

RED - Chilled roasted tomato - tangy and savory
PINK - Cool mixed berry - fruity with a tart bite
GREEN - Cool zucchini - unusual (but tasty!)
YELLOW - Cold velvet corn - creamy and SWEET!

Of all of them, the yellow was my favorite. No sugar is added, but it has such a sweet flavor you won't believe it. The green I could take or leave, but it was still a big hit to everyone with a mature palate around the table.

Where you can enjoy this yourself:

At your very own home: Recipe HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog