December 6, 2010

Waffles and Ice Cream

This little cafe, with a few table and chair sets and lots of fun adornments on the walls, can't be more than twenty feet wide - but it's about a hundred feet long! This was a must on my list of things to do in Pittsburgh: I'd heard rumors of a little specialty shop that's all about ice cream and waffles. What could be a better combination??? Though I don't know if I'd come back for the waffles, their ice cream was GREAT - and you see that infinite list on the blackboard?? Those were all the different flavors of ice cream they had, or could whip up for you. Because I had a cinnamon waffle, I just went with plain (fresh) vanilla bean ice cream - but it was really, really good. So good, it's actually a contender for the BEST Vanilla Ice Cream category. I also got a bite of peach ice cream (they mix it with the peaches right there) and a vanilla cookie ice cream. The sky's the limit and the staff seemed willing to indulge any flavor you could think up - so be creative!

Where you can enjoy this yourself:

Oh Yeah! Ice Cream and Coffee
232 South Highland Ave
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog