June 4, 2010

Parmesan-Encrusted Shrimp

...With lump white crab meat over angel hair in a fresh-tomato-and-basil sauce. Really, delicious. I wasn't expecting the shrimp to be fried, but they were still very good - and I have really developed a taste for crab lately, so the garnish of crab meat was perfect for me. And the sauce! When we were walking into the restaurant, we actually passed a half-empty plate that had nothing but angel hair and this sauce left on it. It looked wonderful - imagine my happy surprise to realize it came with the Parmesan-encrusted shrimp, too!!

(Details copied from post immediately below)

Where you can enjoy this:

The Grand Concourse
100 West Station Square Drive
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
http://www.muer.com/

This is an expensive restaurant, but it's worth the money if you have a special occasion, as I did :-) The main dining hall is in a historic, renovated train station (which, as a designer, had me drooling as much as the food did) and the second dining room is right on the river and looks out over downtown Pittsburgh. If you make reservations, be sure to request one of these two main dining rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog